The Editorial Board advises the editors on issues of publishing ethics; peer reviews of submitted manuscripts; and suggestions of reviewers of submitted manuscripts and published books and other appropriate media. The Editors seek to assemble a Board that represents the demographic, geographic, and scholarly diversity of NAISA’s membership.
Board terms are four years and are staggered so that approximately one quarter of the Board cycles off each year.
Applications for Board seats are accepted each year – see below for more information.
NAIS Editorial Board for Volume 9, Issues 1 & 2
CALL FOR EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
Every year Native American and Indigenous Studies seeks applicants for the Editorial Board of the academic journal. New members’ terms begin on the date of the year’s annual NAISA meeting. Applications may be submitted at any time between one year’s annual meeting and April 1 of the following year. The Editors occasionally reach out to recruit members of the Editorial Board in order to maintain a Board that represents the demographic, geographic, and scholarly diversity of NAISA’s membership.
Deadline to receive applications: April 1 of each year, or until Board is named.
Scope of NAIS: NAIS is a blind/peer reviewed scholarly journal published two times a year by the University of Minnesota Press.
Qualification and requirements of candidates:
Key qualities of Editorial Board members:
- An established record of scholarship in Native and Indigenous studies;
- Strong awareness of the worldwide scope of Indigenous studies;
- Commitment to actively serving in an advisory capacity to the editors, furthering their vision of the journal, their vision of the journal and fulfilling its mandate;
- Willingness to take up various duties appropriate to the role of Editorial Board, especially (at the editors’ discretion) the assessment of manuscripts and recommending peer readers and reviewers.
Candidates must be members in good standing of NAISA and maintain their membership
for the duration of the appointment.
The application packet should include:
- Cover letter providing information about the applicant’s qualifications;
- Curriculum vita.
All application packets (in PDF format) should be sent to: email@example.com